Taiyo is the world leader in solder mask products and has extensive worldwide R&D resources to further offerings that include the latest in inkjet technology, specialty dielectric inks and via filling inks for use with microvia and build-up technologies, as well as thermal-cure and UV-cure solder masks.
Formulate, develop new products, and modify existing products as identified by the sales staff and company management. Conduct laboratory evaluations and tests of the industry’s products and processes. Prepare detailed written reports regarding chemical characteristics. The Formulator will also have supervisory responsibility for R&D Technicians.
- Prepare design of experiments (DOE) to aid in the development of new products related to the solar energy industry, printed electronics, ink jet technologies, specialty coatings and additives, nanotechnologies, and applications.
- Compile feasibility studies for bringing new products and emerging technologies through manufacturing to the marketplace.
- Provide product and manufacturing support.
- Provide product quality control and support.
- Participate in multifunctional teams.
- Minimum 4-year college degree in engineering or chemistry.
- Preferred: Minimum 4-years’ experience in chemical technologies and polymer science.
- Knowledge of ink jet technologies, advanced materials and emerging technologies, including nano technologies.