Reading time ( words)
TeleCommunication Systems (TCS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology, today introduced Intrepid9-1-1™, a suite of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) Core Services (NG Core Services). This geo-diverse, resilient and modular emergency communications solution validates and geospatially routes 9-1-1 voice calls, SMS text and multimedia messages to public safety answering points (PSAPs) and emergency responders. The scalable solution can be implemented at state, regional or local levels.
- Intrepid9-1-1 merges the best advanced features and functions of two proven, NG9-1-1 solutions – TCS Gemini and microDATA xSR.
- Intrepid9-1-1 is comprised of a comprehensive set of NG Core Services that can be implemented as an entire suite or as functional modular elements that integrate with legacy or multi-vendor NG9-1-1 components.
- Intrepid9-1-1 operates on an Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet) as a platform for connecting originating service providers with PSAPs, and interconnecting PSAPs in a variety of configurations.
- This flexible, NENA i3-compliant solution is offered via multiple deployment models, including:
- Intrepid9-1-1 Software-as-a-Service [SaaS] – NG Core Services are operated on equipment owned and maintained by TCS at its geo-diverse data centers, allowing for a speedy deployment and lower capital expenditure.
- Intrepid9-1-1 Managed Service –NG Core Services are operated on equipment owned and maintained by the customer, allowing for lower operational expenditure.
- Interoperable with existing and emerging systems, Intrepid9-1-1 features Geographical Information Systems (GIS)-based routing via Location to Service Translation (LoST) protocol. In situations where GIS is not in place, the flexible solution easily operates within a Master Street Address Guide (MSAG)-based routing system.
- Intrepid9-1-1 is compliant with the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions' (ATIS) Emergency Services Interconnection Forum (ESIF) standards as well as NENA i3 standards.
- TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications.
- TCS has been deploying ESInets since 2006, with systems that currently serve more than 27 million people nationwide.
- Currently supporting more than 500 PSAPs with production service in 35 states and regions, TCS continues to lead the deployment of text-to-911 service in the United States.
- To learn more about Intrepid9-1-1 and TCS' entire portfolio of 9-1-1 solutions, visit the TCS booth #821 at NENA 2015, June 27 –July 2, 2015 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colo.
TCS Safety and Security Group Senior Vice President Lynne Seitz said: "Intrepid9-1-1 underscores TCS' continued leadership position in developing innovative public safety solutions. Intrepid9-1-1 combines two proven, tenured solutions – TCS Gemini and microDATA xSR – into a single, carrier-grade platform. Its flexibility to work with legacy and emerging technologies, like geospatial routing, makes Intrepid9-1-1 a powerful, cost-effective PSAP solution. Our product was engineered for smooth, easy, user transition, and we believe that its modular design will benefit a wide range of jurisdictions seeking a phased approach to implementing a NextGen 9-1-1 system."
Since deploying the first U.S. wireless E9-1-1 solution in 1998, TCS has been leading public safety solutions for wireless Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1), NG9-1-1 and E1-1-2. TCS supports about half of all U.S. wireless E9-1-1 calls, serving more than 140 million wireless and IP-enabled devices. TCS achieved its 11th consecutive year of TL 9000 certification in November 2014 and is the only non-carrier TL 9000-certified organization that supports E9-1-1 services. TCS is leading the enablement of text-to 9-1-1, and TCS leads the nation in emergency services IP network (ESInet) deployments. Its E9-1-1 and NG9-1-1 solutions ensure that a subscriber's emergency call routes to the appropriate PSAP and automatically pinpoints the caller's location information. For more information visit: TCS Public Safety.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security. Learn more at www.telecomsys.com.