Reading time ( words)
At productronica 2019 Ventec International Group Co., Ltd. (6672 TT) will be launching 'autolam'—a base material solutions set specifically curated for the diverse and unique requirements of automotive applications. The Ventec team will be on hand in Hall B3 at booth #244 for the launch and to showcase its unique laminate & prepreg capability across a very wide range of applications and budgets.
Automotive electronics technologies are evolving at an increasing rate with advanced driver-assistance systems, the electrification of major body and powertrain functions and in-car infotainment & broadband services access demands transforming our vehicles into the ultimate electronic devices. Paying attention to the properties of materials at the substrate level is the first step towards achieving the most stringent performance targets of today's automotive manufacturers. For designers and manufacturers of high-performance automotive electronics, 'autolam' offers the solutions demanded by the diverse and unique requirements of automotive applications today and in the future.
- VT-4B5 SP, an aluminum base laminate that ensures maximum thermal efficiency for direct-to-metal connections of electrically isolated heat sources and places dielectric insulation only where needed
- VT-4B5L, a high performance IMS material that offers excellent solder joint reliability and thermal conductivity of 4.0 W/mK
- VT-4B5H, a metal base laminate material with high Tg (180oC) and thermal conductivity of 4.2 W/mK., ideally suited for applications such as LED lighting, power conversion, monitor drives and power supply
- VT-4B7, a high performance IMS material for applications where maximum thermal conductivity and electrical performance are key. Specified at 7.0 W/mK., VT-4B7 is an affordably priced substrate that competes strongly with direct-bond copper (DBC)
- tec-speed 7.0 & 7.1: High-speed, ultra-low-loss multilayer materials that offer excellent signal integrity for extremely high-speed applications. By combining low dielectric constant (Dk) for highly efficient power transmission with low dissipation factor (Df) for minimum signal loss up to high bit rates, tec-speed 7.0 & 7.1 can handle all in-car networking from MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) and FlexRay to multi-Gigabit Ethernet
- tec-speed 20.0: Few substrate materials can match the high-speed signal-handling performance of this ceramic-filled hydrocarbon thermoset material series. tec-speed 20.0 combines unrivaled high-frequency performance (Dk 3.00-3.48 / Df 0.002-0.0037), superior loss characteristics and highest reliability particularly demanded by automotive and 5G applications
Ventec's Quality Management Systems are of course accredited with International Automotive Task Force (IATF) 16949:2016 quality standard. As these become increasingly stringent and aligned to even stricter aerospace industry requirements, thanks to Ventec's AS9100D accreditation, automotive customers (including Ford, Tesla, VAG, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Volkswagen, Tata, Bentley, Daimler Benz, BMW, Renault-Nissan, Jaguar/Land Rover, Maclaren Automotive) already rely on the company's aerospace standard supply chain for high reliability laminates and prepregs today.
About Ventec International Group
Ventec International Group Co., Ltd. (6672 TT) is a premier supplier to the Global PCB industry. With volume manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China and distribution locations and manufacturing sites in both the US and Europe, Ventec specializes in advanced copper clad glass reinforced and metal backed substrates. Ventec materials, which include high-quality enhanced FR-4, high-speed/low-loss and high-performance IMS material technology, and an advanced range of thermal management solutions, are manufactured by Ventec using strict quality-controlled processes that are certified to AS9100 Revision D, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015, and are backed by a fully controlled and managed global supply chain, sales- and technical support-network. For more information, visit www.venteclaminates.com.
Visit I-007eBooks to download your copy of Ventec micro eBook today:
The Printed Circuit Designer's Guide to...Thermal Management with Insulated Metal Substrates