Reading time ( words)
In the halls, on the exhibit show floor, at dinner, lunch or breakfast—the opportunities to connect at the upcoming IPC APEX EXPO 2018, to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in California, from February 27 – March 1, 2018, are immense.
Here are highlights of scheduled networking and special events:
- Awards Luncheons
- International Reception*
- First-Timers Welcome Reception*
- Keynote Session - Jared Cohen, founder and director of Google Ideas at Google and now CEO of Jigsaw*
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony*
- IPC Annual Meeting and Luncheon
- Show Floor Reception*
- Ice Cream Social on the Show Floor*
- Emerging Engineer Meet and Greet
- Women in Electronics Reception*
- Passport to Prizes Raffle Drawing on the Show Floor – NEW for 2018!*
- MIT/Certification Center Meet and Greet (by invitation)
- VIP/GR Dinner (IPC Members Only)
*Event Essentials, included with registration.
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
In the past 30+ years of PCB manufacturing in China, you would be hard-pressed to find someone more connected to the pulse of the Asian market than Gene Weiner. Barry Matties met with the industry veteran at HKPCA to get his take on the show, the current and future market conditions of China, and any effect the new U.S. administration might have on trade relations going forward.
Gene Weiner, Weiner International Inc.
Hold on to your seats! 2018 will be a year full of rapid changes, surprises, and growth. M&A activities will flourish. The supply chain will suffer shortages and changes as demand increases, copycats will rush to market, and new markets and potential suppliers will vanish before they are established.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
The productronica show was indeed filled with new technology, and it was great to meet with people and learn about it. This is precisely how I met AGFA’s Frank Louwet, who filled me in on the Dipamat inkjet solder mask they have been developing. It seemed an odd choice to go from film to solder mask, but as Frank explained, it makes perfect sense.