Reading time ( words)
News from EIPC
- Program Available Now! EIPC Winter Conference Lyon 2018
- 50 Years of Service, a Century of Conferences, a Lifetime of Excellence
News from China
- Schweizer Sets Direction for Further Growth by Investing in China
- Advanced Electronics Needs Met in China
News from France
- Protecno Becomes the First French PCB Manufacturer to Invest in Orbotech's Nuvogo Direct Imaging Solution
News from productronica
- productronica Sets Standards in Electronics Production
News from the UK
- IPC Awards IPC-4101 Qualified Products Listing to Ventec International Group
- iMaps UK Conference
- Microtech 2018
- Advanced Packaging Conference: November 14–15, 2017 in Munich
- ICT Evening Seminar, December 5
- BGA, QFN Fine Pitch Rework Experience Live, November 21
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
In the past 30+ years of PCB manufacturing in China, you would be hard-pressed to find someone more connected to the pulse of the Asian market than Gene Weiner. Barry Matties met with the industry veteran at HKPCA to get his take on the show, the current and future market conditions of China, and any effect the new U.S. administration might have on trade relations going forward.
Gene Weiner, Weiner International Inc.
Hold on to your seats! 2018 will be a year full of rapid changes, surprises, and growth. M&A activities will flourish. The supply chain will suffer shortages and changes as demand increases, copycats will rush to market, and new markets and potential suppliers will vanish before they are established.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
The productronica show was indeed filled with new technology, and it was great to meet with people and learn about it. This is precisely how I met AGFA’s Frank Louwet, who filled me in on the Dipamat inkjet solder mask they have been developing. It seemed an odd choice to go from film to solder mask, but as Frank explained, it makes perfect sense.